Friday, August 3, 2012

Second Life SLA: Conspicuously missing

Mister Acacia is online

So there was some idle chat among the Phoenix/Firestorm team, in response to Linden Lab's grid status report. It seems some regions will be offline for up to 5 hours. Someone asked what the SLA was.

I did some checking and found: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4759

Linden Lab doesn't have an SLA. Can you believe that? For the money they charge for one region you would think they would offer some sort of guarantee that the money is well spent. Apparently not. They appear to have no guarantee for service restoration. I'm not a region owner, but I bet if I was I would not be compensated for the time my region is down.

Pretty ridiculous, especially when they're much more concerned with foisting broken products upon us: Display Names, Direct Delivery, Mesh, to name a few.

Rod, do you read this? Care to comment? Want to justify that huge tier you charge?

I won't hold my breath.

Mister Acacia is offline

NOTE: These are my comments and opinions only. They do not reflect the opinions of this blog site or The Phoenix Project.

1 comment:

R. said...

Incorrect... they actually do have an SLA, but it's rather weak:

https://secondlife.com/corporate/billing.php Item 5.

-ls/cm