Sunday, August 5, 2012

Virtual World Games : Downloadable Client's or Browser Based ? You Decide

By Avatar JayR Cela

    Oh My. when it come's to the massive amount of free to play games currently available, I sometimes feel like I am living in Nirvana. Unfortunately that is not the case, quite a few of them are relatively borderline crap. Out of all the one's I have been testing, so far. Drakensang the browser based D&D style game is an excellent choice to whittle your time away with, and it requires no download
http://en.board.bigpoint.com/drasaonline/showthread.php?t=451109

    Yep that's right, all you need is a web browser for sheer enjoyment, not only is it addictive, it has some very cool graphic's as well. Being programmed in JAVA it is also portable between multiple platforms. I am not sure how well it will work on a tablet or smart phone, but this is a must have link in your bookmark's folder

    Next up is the most awesome game I have ever played in way to long, it is from Trion Worlds, a relatively new game development company, I'm telling ya I cant stop playing this dam thing, maybe I'm nut's, oh I take that back / LOL / I am definitely certified to ride the coo-coo train, this is a kick ass game, at least it is for me. I love the ability to RP a Mystic Mage, and just kick everyone's ass with magic spell's. This one requires a rather hefty 9 gig DL, but it is worth it.
http://www.riftgame.com/en/

    I have found a few other's that I feel are noteworthy, and intend to cover them here within the next several weeks.

    One of the real sleepers is an Open Source project based on the Wing Commander series, originality published by Origin Systems, this game has had a somewhat of a cult following since it's initial inception way back in 1990's, well hold onto your hats if you are a Sci-Fi game person, it has been updated and released as an open source project by many of it's fans, I will be taking a look at that real soon.
http://wcsaga.com/

   And there are so many more Virtual World games and environment's I can hardly wait to share with you. Stay Tuned !

*Bigg Huggs*

JayR Cela :_)
 

2 comments:

virtual world online said...

cool post. i really prefer browser based games.

JayR Cela said...

Hi there Virtual

Thanks for your comment, there are more and more quality browser based games coming on-line every month.

Hopefully I will have time to do some in-depth reviews of the better one's that I find in the future.

JayR Cela :_)