Friday, August 10, 2012

Virtual Worlds And The Fashion Industry: Migrating From Second Life to OpenSim — Is It Worth It?

By Avatar JayR Cela

    I am really trying to expand this blog into a major player position. Mr. Acacia and, more recently, Anonymous No. 2 have been absolutely wonderful in presenting counter points to my opinions, and make no doubt about it, this is not the American-based Fox, the so called news channel. What is expressed here are our opinions. Some news may creep in from time to time. But please keep in mind: What you read here may or may not be accurate.

    Anyways, I see the virtual world fashion industry about to literally explode very soon. It’s very exciting, and does present some problem as well. Certain people within the US congress and US senate seem to want to place tax collections on virtual goods. This idea needs to be nailed into a coffin and buried so deep that it never shows its ill-conceived  and ugly head again.

     It is well known I am a transgender Second Life customer (resident), and I am pretty much what some folks would consider to be a Tom-boy, but that does not mean I do not like pretty things, and sexy hot stuff for the guys too.

    I’m looking for contributors to this blog that are really into virtual world fashion and current news. I can’t pay anything, but we do manage to get 250 to 450 hits a day.

    If you feel that you would like to express yourself and your opinions, it would be wonderful to welcome you aboard.

    I don’t moderate things on this blog unless they are unsavory, more precisely it is a PG-rated blog.

    My main goal is to document the gradual migration from Second Life to OpenSim, OSGrid and InWorldz. And a ton of free-to-play virtual world games. The potential to make real-life dollars is staggering.

    So is the migration worth the effort? You tell me! Personally I think that not exploring the opening opportunities is a huge mistake.

JayR Cela :_)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, just as another anonymous opinion I think it is worth it.

Since I discovered SL years ago, the virtual world is in my blood. I don't ever see it going away. My avatar is a part of "me".

I feel a bit trapped in SL because I don't really want to be a trailblazer, just a tiny bit of a pioneer. I look at an open grid with longing to move on to something less expensive and something that feels like it's reaching to grow for it's users.

My instincts tell me that someday, when the right people decide their future is on some grid other than SL... the sheep will quickly follow. I'm one of those sheep. I don't want to give up all of the shallow goodies in SL like certain animations, body parts, certain clothing, hair, amazing home furnishings, wonderful artwork, and a baked textured house to die for.
I make my own skins as a hobby, but that fills my hardcore creative impulse. I really need suppliers for other things.

The people, meh, they come and go.

Seriously, I will be cheerleading out here for everything you can do to plant the seeds to help this new garden of delights grow somewhere other than SL.

JayR Cela said...

Hi there Anonymous,

thank you for you kind comment, if you would like to participate in the recent fashion expansion to this blog,please feel free to contact me. Unfortunately at this time I am unable to pay anything. But we have some solid plans for extended growth.

And your opinion's are welcome, currently we are averaging about 350 readers a day.

*bigg huggs*

JayR Cela :_)