Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Virtual World's : More On The Browser Based Games Phenomena

By Avatar JayR Cela

    Ready Or Not, Here They Come !

    Be prepared to be absolutely bombarded by browser based video game's within the coming year. Several things seem to be driving this impending tidal wave of new game titles. Smart Phones and Tablet's are definitely playing a major part here, as is OpenGL, WebGL and to a lesser extent DirectX as well. Couple these factors along with the fact that you don't have some massive 9GB download to deal with, and you open an entire new world of opportunities for not only start up's but well established gaming studio's as well. Seem's as if every one and their brother in law is jumping on the bandwagon these days.

    So how do you choose? That's easy, just navigate to the appropriate web site, register, and start playing. Believe me, you will find a lot of crap out there, but that, at least for me is half the fun.

    And what about the good stuff ? I am going to do my best to cover as much of this evolving market as I can. In saying that much, if I find one that I feel is sub-par, I'm not going to waste anyone's time, with the boring details of why I don't like it, I would much rather find an interesting platform or game and describe to you what about, and / or why I feel it is worth your time to check it out.

Stay Tuned ! 2013 is going to be an exciting year for On-Line Gamers.

JayR Cela :_)

No comments: