Thursday, August 2, 2012

Virtual Worlds : Star Wars The Old Republic : Clutching At Straws ?

By Avatar JayR Cela

    Two years ago I was privileged enough to get a few private screenings of SWTOR, at that time they were mostly CGI mini movie clips. The game it's self was developed by BioWare with some help from Lucas Arts and EA Games as the distributor.

    So recently EA decided to go for the free to play model, that's the big thing these days, and I can see why.

    If BioWare & EA had actually spent some time on game development as opposed to creating really cool and fancy CGI mini clips, then perhaps they would have had a success on their hands.

    Instead the most expensive game ever created,  ( at least as far as I know ) is a total bomb. A piece of crap !

    It took 18 hours to download, including all the numerous patch's, ( my internet connection is 3.4mbp ) and when I got done it refused to run on my 21" LCD screen, I actually had to hook up an old IBM CRT monitor in order to get it functioning.

    Once I finally got the dam thing working I was presented with a ton of awesome CGI and crappy game play.

    Give me a break please, this game is horrible, it's no wonder they can not keep their subscription based users.

JayR Cela :(

No comments: