Saturday, August 4, 2012

VirtualWorlds : Why This Blog Is Gradually Shifting Course

By Avatar JayR Cela

    So why has there been a recent drifting away from SecondLife coverage on this blog ? It is for the same reason I changed the name from The SecondLife Technologist, to The Virtual World Technologist  a year or so ago. There is a lot more out there in Virtual Reality Worlds that I feel a need to write about. For instance, the free to play RPG's & MMO's are currently all the rage in the on-line gaming industry, browser based games are finally starting to catch up to the downloadable client software available as well, and I have always had an obsession with free ware utilities.

    Personally I do not like to be a negative type of person, so I am not going to ramble on about some really horrid piece of crap-ware, unless it is a high profile piece of garbage, take for instance Star Wars The Old Republic, after an 18 hour DL, it remained on my system for 1 day, and I just had to say something !

   If you have been reading this blog for a while, you are well aware of the fact I have had some health issue's recently, fortunately I seem to be good for another 20 year's or so, before I kick the bucket, and I would like to continue to express myself and offer what knowledge I have to anyone that cares to read it.

   If I come across something that is a free to use download, and I feel it is truly outstanding, then I am going to write about it, if it is a real piece of crap, then I will write about that too. Anything in-between I will just ignore.

    I am a computer hobbyist, not an expert, by any means, and I do not purport to say that this blog contains what would be officially deemed as news or journalism. It is opinion's, mine and currently from my dear friend and co-contributor  Mr. Acacia, several other people have joined me in the past with their opinion's also. I just would like to thank you for taking the time to visit here on a regular basis and read what we have to say.

    In closing I would like to extend an open invitation to anyone interested in posting here. The only requirements being, Accept the fact I can't pay you anything, and the post's have to be related to Virtual Reality World's and or Open Source software, and anything you express your opinion's on are PG rated.

    If you are interested, you may contact me JayR.Cela@gmail.com 
and I will be more that happy to set you up with an account.

JayR Cela :_)

No comments: